Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Scrappy fun in red

 Red is one of my favorite colors.  I feel good when I wear red, many touches of red show up around my house even when it isn't Christmas, and I can definitely get carried away when playing with my red fabrics.  So it's the perfect color to start the new year!


As you see I decided to make a 4th Falling in Love block. These sweet heart blocks are from The Pattern Basket.  The first 3 were made with scraps of prints, but this one was born when I saw an interesting red batik hiding in my batik stash. So I cut right into it.  A tulip block also happened!  I just couldn't resist playing more with this batik.  


I've been making Hourglass blocks from the triangles trimmed from the heart corners.  These are trimmed to 4" square.  And then I made a few littler ones with the leftovers.  And the small hearts are 4.5" square and also made from scraps.  


The 3 red hearts joined the small collection hanging out waiting to become something.  I think these will eventually make a good child's quilt.  But they are only 4.5" square so it will take a big bunch of these to make a quilt.  And they make good leader/ender blocks to just work on in between other things. 


One red Twinkle Star has also been assembled and joined the bunch hanging in the closet.  I think one more of these in red will happen over the weekend. 

I'm linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - RSC22:

10 comments:

Ramona said...

All of your red blocks are so nice. I especially like the Twinkle Star and just printed that pattern. I'm debating on whether I should start making some stars myself. I love the fabrics in yours.

Mari said...

Great minds think alike! I love your red twinkle star, and that batik at the top is lovely. Red is not my favorite color, but it does add some zing. Happy stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love red, too, and it looks like you have lots of fun reds to play with there! I love your collection of hearts, and aldo the Twinkle Star!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty red blocks! Making blocks for a baby quilt later is a very good idea 👍

Char said...

I love that Twinkle star block, beautiful!

LA Paylor said...

so many pretty things... that heart with a red (hard to find)batik! LOVE twinkle stars too

The Joyful Quilter said...

Boy, did you ever have fun with RED for the RSC, Sara!! Do I spy a snow man with a RED scarf? I am SEW tempted by that Tulip Time block.

Jenny said...

All you red blocks look lovely, you have made a great start to the RSC year.

Kate said...

Red is always such a fun color to sew with. Love your Twinkle Star block. That's one of my favorite blocks. I may have to revisit that one once I get the UFO list worked down a bit.

Sandy Panagos said...

That Twinkle Star is a really cool block! It looks great in red.