Pages

Friday, August 11, 2023

A little progress

 My plan for this week had been to assemble completed quilt tops for 2 sets of blocks. But then work and other things got in the way.  


The Saturday Sampler top is nearly complete, as I managed to get the final pieced border section sewn on Thursday morning.  Then I spent the afternoon trying to get the right set of data from the GIS department guys to add to the engineering docs - which was the end of my sewing time for the day.  

It is supposed to have a 10.5" wide outer border of that background fabric to finish it off, but I don't want this quilt to be that large, so I haven't cut that border yet.  It's 60 x 78 without it, so I'm thinking I may add either a 3" border or possibly a 6" border.  There's no rush, so I'm going to give it some thought before cutting into the remaining yardage. 


There are 14 pinwheel blocks (4" finished) made from the bonus triangles trimmed away from the border sections, and there are plenty of leftovers to make more if needed.  I just have to decide on how these will be used to make a secondary quilt because there was no way I was throwing away those extra triangles.  

The second quilt top will wait for next week.

And hopefully today will be a sewing day rather than a work day at my computer. 

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Have fun sewing today, happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that black/white fabric you are using in these blocks

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get some sewing time soon! Work gets in your way!