Pages

Friday, August 4, 2023

Pieced sashing progress

As I plodded along to finish that cruise project this past week, I also worked on the pieced sashing for this Saturday Sampler 2022 project.  The sashing was my reward each day if I worked on the cruise project for an hour.  I also sewed a few Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks with yellow, which you'll see tomorrow.  Rewarding myself has kept me on task lately. 


There are 12 blocks in this sampler, and now 9 of them have the coral batik/black and white sashing attached.  All of the blocks have bright batiks with a pale grey background.


The first 6 of them really show off that secondary design emerging. I'm excited!!


All of the pieces needed to sash the 12 blocks were cut at once, so it has been quick to grab a set of parts in between other projects.  This will now become my primary project until the top is done, and some other project becomes my Leader/Ender (or reward) project.  

It's exciting to realize that I had several block sets all complete, and ready to become a quilt top.  Almost immediate satisfaction, right?

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Once again... I love this sashing! Is there a pattern for this? Your cruise quilt top turned out so nicely. I can see why it took a while to complete.

Vicki in MN said...

I'm excited to see the finish also, it's looking great!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like that you reward yourself by doing sewing that you love and are excited about!