Pages

Saturday, August 5, 2023

RSC23 - Week #31 - Yellow

 Each new month it's kind of fun to switch focus to a brand new color.  Mostly because of Quilts of Valor sewing in July I did a LOT of red sewing.  My yellow stash shares a drawer with purple and aqua. That meant I added some aqua to the mix for this month. 


The Brighten blocks  - 2 aqua and 2 yellow - are now hanging with the others. They finish at 9".


There are 16 of them so far, and I did a little playing with layout ideas.  On-point would be cute, with the square in between the white squares filled with something - another color possibly. Lining them up in straight lines would work too.  But this one will require a lot more blocks in order to make a good sized quilt top so this block will remain in my RSC plans going forward.


The Boxed Squares (6" finish) are beginning to add up. There were 7 yellow ones before and I added 5 more this week.  The little stack on the upper right has a sticky note clipped there to update the numbers of each color.  My plan is 12 of each color, but we'll see what I end up with. 


In the project box for Boxed Squares is a paper plate with a bunch of 2.5" colored squares just waiting to be used.  There were only 6 purple blocks clipped together, so 2 new ones have been added.  And the blue stack has both light blue and aqua centers, and I did add one with an aqua center this week.  Looks like I had more blue and purple planned at some point.  There is also a good collection of black and white prints in that project box to use for the frames. 


Hopefully you will see this one complete in the next couple of weeks.  The block pattern is called Falling In Love, and was an RSC set of blocks from 2022.  It's quilted, but needs binding.  I have enough of that light yellow for binding. 


Pole Star is not an RSC project this year BUT . . . there is plenty of yellow in this project (from the Alaskan cruise in June).  I finally finished the top this week.  Yay!  It's now in the hands of a quilter, and we picked out a really interesting quilting design and thread.  I'll be anxiously waiting . . .

Let's see what inspiration is coming from the RSC World this week:

9 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

oh my so many lovely projects....and last but not least the pickle dish...that's on my list to start very soooon!

Nann said...

Sunshine! I really like the rainbow Brighten blocks.

Kate said...

You've done a great job of moving those RSC projects along. Happy scrappy stitching this weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those Brighten blocks are going to make a pretty design, and I like the boxed squares, too! Are you going to alternate the dark backgrounds with the light backgrounds? Your cruise quilt is gorgeous - congratulations on getting the whole top together and getting it to the quilter!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I enjoy seeing yellow...so cheerful. Your cruise quilt is off to the quilters...good for you!

Vicki in MN said...

You have been busy with the bright ☀️ yellow blocks?

Chantal said...

I love your Brighten blocks on point. With a cornerstone but no sashing it would make an original setting I think. Congrats on finishing Pole Star. What a beauty this one is! Enjoy! ;^)

Dorothy L. Wills said...

Love all of your bright blocks! The first ones have been catching my eye this year but I have so many things in the works already. Thanks for sharing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

ohhh Fun Colorful blocks!! I like the aquas that you added to the yellow blocks at the top!!
And your other RSC top is great!!