Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Saturday Sampler & more

Saturday Sampler is beginning to really take shape.


The August block is finished, except for a little bit of embroidery connecting it to the block below it.  That will happen as the top gets assembled.  Scissors, a hanger, and a big needle.  The sewing theme of this quilt is carried out with the applique blocks.


Poor lighting doesn't do any favors to these blocks - but they are roughly in place.  So far we've done 4 pieced blocks and 4 applique.  I haven't trimmed the applique blocks to size yet.  There are more of each type yet to come, with the large focal block (applique) in the center. 


While I had the black thread out, and was in the mood for more blanket stitching this block was randomly chosen.  Remember the Humble Homes quilt with all the applique trees and houses?  The original house pieces in the kit had been laser cut - but from fabrics that didn't blend well and had no fusible on them.  This is one of those original houses.  It will finish 12x17, although for now I have no idea what it might become.  

Wednesday morning sewing also involved assembling the rows to the Framed Friendship Square quilt top which I'll show on Saturday since the blocks were a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project.  I also sorted out some of those squares in the project box already matched up with cut pieces that are ready to become star blocks.  I can sew some of them this week.  


I've decided that I'm tired of turning block sets into tops - for now anyway, so once that Friendship Square top was finished I played with other things.  The pink Morning Glory block quickly joined the yellow one since the paper pieced sections were ready to go with the paper removed.  Binding for another Quilt of Valor was cut, as well as the parts for a couple more QOV blocks.  And I sewed a couple of Potato Chip blocks just for fun.  I do believe more random fun sewing will occur today.  

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stay cool! I really like that morning glory design:)