Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2023

The cruise project is a flimsy

It only took me a month and a half to finish up the last 18 blocks for the project we worked on during the Alaska cruise back in June.  There are 48 total blocks - ALL paper pieced and curved seams. 

Pole Star (by Heather Black) is 60 x 80.  In the bright sunlight on my lawn it doesn't look quite as drab (color) as it does in person. It's good to step outside of my comfort zone, so I've said several times that these are NOT colors I would have chosen.

That said - I am playing with a couple of different ideas for smaller projects using the block patterns with the paper-pieced arcs.  I do like those block designs. 

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I can't wait to see how you quilt this quilt. Happy stitching!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the design of the spiky squares...I can imagine it in bright colors maybe those beautiful batiks you like!

Nann said...

I've admired the blocks as you've shown them. I really like the entire design!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Congratulations on a great finish!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your quilt top is gorgeous, well done with all these small pieces ;)