Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Small steps forward

 I spent most of the morning at my desk trying to make a spreadsheet match up with invoices.  It was a mostly unsuccessful task - until I finally figured out the spreadsheet I received was for August work, and the invoices were for July work. Hmm . . . fresh start as soon as I get the right data.


That left me with about an hour to sew before I left to get my hair cut.  The applique parts for the August block for Saturday Sampler are all prepped and the background piece is ready for them to be ironed on, and blanket stitched.  This month the applique is a hanger, a scissors, and a big needle. 

The other task during that hour was to remove all the paper from the next Morning Glories block sections - a pink one this time.  Hopefully these 2 projects will be revisited after work today.  

It was 104 when I stepped out of the hair salon yesterday, and we expect similar temps again today, followed by cooler days through the weekend.  The Corn Palace Festival begins today, and I felt so bad for those carnival workers yesterday as they set up those rides for the midway. 

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I got my hair cut the other day to and my glasses steamed up - it was over a hundred and and has been all week now - so ready for fall

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Yikes! I’d be in a puddle with those temperatures. I’m grumbling at the mid to high 80s here.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You will have to take a photo of the Corn Palace, it is fun to see the designs! As I recall the couple of years I was there the Carnival sets up on the streets and it was cold and rainy but back in the 1970's the celebration was later in September :) You are putting together some interesting blocks:)