Pages

Friday, August 25, 2023

TGIF - the week flew by

I can only speak for myself, but when I have been struggling with difficult - or just fussy - projects, then it becomes time to just play with something simple.   


This summer's difficult project was obviously the cruise quilt, and it's in the hands of a quilter now.  Then I focused on taking the block sets that were piling up and assembling them into quilt tops.  Now it's time to just play with easy, fun, and random things for a few days.  And I have a couple of new projects that have been waiting in the wings that are tempting me.


One more 12.5" Potato Chip block, bringing the total so far to 6 of them.  These are random scrappy, and can be done with a variety of sizes, layouts and color placement.  Just Google "potato chip blocks" or search for Conquering Mount Scrapmore.  


So far I'm using 2.5" by 4.5" rectangles and doing them with light/dark reversed. Easy mindless sewing.  These blocks will eventually go into another donation quilt.   


You know I never get tired of star blocks. The project box for the Framed Friendship Squares has been collecting my guild squares for years.  Members share a 6" square when they have traveled somewhere if they want to.  The first quilt I used them in was a queen size Sawtooth Star with the squares in the center, and colored star points.  I obviously had extras all ready to sew when I made that quilt because there were several sets pinned together in the bottom of the box.  No point in wasting them, so I've gotten a start in sewing up the ones already matched up.


In the project box there are still 13 more of these star blocks all pinned into sets.  And lots more squares are just waiting to become something.  

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

With your stars cut and pinned together it won't take you long to blast through them.

Kate said...

It's nice to stop and play with something simple. One of my first finished quilts was made with purple and yellow Potato Chip blocks. It's still one of my favorite finishes. Happy stitching this weekend. Stay cool!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love the scrappy Potato Chip blocks!