Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Lots of random sewing

I had a LOT of trouble focusing this weekend on any one project. I just wanted to play with lots of different things - so I did just that.  My theory is that after having 2 finishes last week I needed to start something new. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

One of my random projects this weekend was working on my 13 blocks for the friendship exchange that I'm doing.  I now have 4 blocks completely done and the final pieces all cut to finish the other 9 blocks.  So I can do a little piecing on these any time I have a little time.

The focus fabric that we are all using is the dark brown floral. It has touches of tan, red, green, gold and blue in it so I'm anticipating some really lovely blocks. There are 12 of us working on blocks and will exchange them in June so that we each have 1 block from each gal. The 13th block will go into a charity quilt to be donated to some local group.

Later this week I'll show you some of the other random things I worked on, including 3 new small projects. Yikes! - that means I need to add 3 things to my WIP list don't I?

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

Eager to see your blocks.