Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Saturday Sampler

Month 3 of Saturday Sampler was another challenge due to the number of small pieces, but the end result so far has been worth it. And I keep reminding myself that I wanted to be challenged.


There were 28 half square triangles in this block.  Yikes! The small 6.5" version didn't want to lay flat at first so I had to experiment a bit in how I pressed it.  I'll admit that I cut the pieces one evening, sewed the HSTs another night. And pieced the big block another evening. Sunday afternoon I pieced that little one. It was just too much to do in one sitting for sure.


Now I need to catch up on the applique blocks for months 2 and 3.  I have month 2 all cut and some of the pieces are pressed/fused onto the background, ready to do some blanket stitch around them. We'll see how quickly I get back to working on them. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I like the blocks in the Saturday Sampler and the colors you are using. It's fun to see the two sizes together.

Frances Meredith said...

Nice to see the big and little ones!