Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Pattern testing

Earlier this winter I had the opportunity to test a pattern for Connie at Freemotion By The River. http://www.conniekresin.com  The pattern is called Aruba Sunset and is now available. This was a great experience and I loved her pattern.  Her instructions made this go together very quickly.


Connie did hers in batiks with lots of pink and orange like a tropical sunset.  I chose the Downton Abbey Egyptian line of fabrics and added the orange batik.  And I just LOVE the result. The ladies at The Pin Cushion even found a great quilting design that made me think of hieroglyphics. For now it's on my big coffee table but it's going to hang on the wall in my sewing room. 

3 comments:

Linda said...

That is beautiful. The colors are great and I love the pattern.

Tired Teacher said...

It's gorgeous!

If enlarged, it would be a great bed quilt.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Looks great Sara!! I tested it too but don't have my binding on yet. :-o Happy Easter!!