Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Use it up

Another quick stash project is done. Earlier this winter I "shopped" the stash of a friend who wanted to downsize her fabric collection. These 3 panel sections were in with the things I brought home. They are each 10" x 12" and were just so cute.


Sunday morning I was trying - unsuccessfully, mind you - to organize some of the stuff lying around in my sewing room. When I saw these Christmas panel sections I began to think they would make very cute mug rugs or minis to hang on a door. So I dug around in the stash and found a piece of gold big enough to use as backing, leftover pieces of batting, and a fat quarter of a red/tan stripe to use as a binding.  Perfect!


I just added a little simple hand quilting to each of these (while watching Masters golf on TV). Monday night I added the binding and they are done.  These might make good gifts next holiday season and they reduce my stash by about a yard of fabric.


2 comments:

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

They turned out great! I love how the hand-quilting adds such a fun element to them :)

Tired Teacher said...

The mats are cute! I never think about big-stitch quilting until it's too late.