Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Twister pillow and Week 17 Status of the Stash

The lonely Twister block has become a pillow.

This started out as a 9 patch block I got from friend Sylvia when she downsized her stash.  I took out one square that was kind of blue and substituted another purple one.  White and pale lavender edge squares were added. And I used my Twister ruler to cut the whole thing.

A little hand quilting and an envelop backing - and voila, it's a pillow!  Just a little touch of spring with these colors.

I'm counting a 1/2 yard of stash used for this little finish, And I used about 1 yard from the stash to add borders to the guild Round Robin quilt I have this month.  So it wasn't a very productive week in terms of finishes. And I purchased 7.5 yards of fabric.  Some was to add sashing to a UFO project and some is for a couple of baby quilts I need to make soon.

In this week: 7.5 yds
In this year: 84.25 yds
Used this week: 1.5 yds
Used this year: 88.75 yds

Status of the Stash: still 4.5 yards ahead of my stash!

1 comment:

Vic in NH said...

Such a pretty pillow with lots of flair! Congratulations on a fine finish!