Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

String blocks & Week 15 Status of the Stash

Heartland Guild members are starting a couple of new baby quilts for donation to 1st babies of the New Year. We like to always have a couple of them ready in case there are twins.


The new ones are going to be made with string blocks. The committee provided some muslin for foundations and demonstrated the process. We are using yellow centers in both the bright variation and the pastel variation. My 2 blocks were done in a short evening sewing session.  These quilts will be so cute.

In the past couple of years since I've been a member, we've done applique blocks (alphabets and animal silhouettes) and those quilts were adorable too. And it's always fun to see a photo in the local newspaper of the guild representatives gifting that quilt to the new mom and baby at the hospital. 

Week 15 Status of the Stash . . . good thing I had a couple of finishes this week because I purchased fabric for some new projects.  I finished the Crazy Pinwheels quilt so I counted the backing and binding fabric. And I finished the Tropical Wedding quilt so that counts too.

Just for fun I bought a cute Halloween panel, and I got 3 batiks to use in a paper pieced project I'm starting.  And some fabric for another baby quilt gift and a little background for an applique.  I need to get BUSY!!!

In this week: 6 yds
In this year: 76.75 yds
Used this week: 6.25 yds
Used this year: 85.75 yds

Status of the Stash: Still 9 yards ahead of my stash!

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

What a fortunate New Year's baby to receive such a wonderful gift!