Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2020

April is a long month

It's been one of those weeks with lots of things hanging in limbo.  And frankly, April just has seemed endless.  I know it's because of the Covid-19 social isolation but like most folks I'm feeling the mental exhaustion.  And this week my spring allergies have kicked in which adds to my grumpyness,  Is that a word?  

I've worked a LOT of hours at one of my 2 part times jobs this week, which is good because it provides me money to support my sewing habit.  But I would rather be sewing than sitting at my desk.  I also finished puzzle #4 last night.


After finishing up some tops over the weekend it's time to either pull out another UFO to work on or to find a new project to play with,

These projects are all now dropped off at the long arm quilter.  I'm having to be patient as she is pretty busy as always, but none of these have a deadline so that is OK.  Both the Barn Quilt and Harvest Road are small quilts (36" and 48"), but the Happy Blocks quilt is closer to a twin size.  It will be fun to have that one back to bind in particular.  

This morning I have some time to sew finally.  Although as I was typing this I see a work email coming in asking me to work on something.  Bummer!!

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

you described it perfectly...april has been a very long month...some progress better than no progress...

Tired Teacher 2 said...

My allergies kicked into hyperdrive in February (earlier than usual) and surged again in early April. Who knows what they will be like when the pollen starts in earnest.

LA Paylor said...

they're all so cute!