Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Hayride Barn Quilt


I have a stash of 1930s reproduction fabrics, and yet I just had to go buy more yesterday.  Actually I went to The Pin Cushion to buy background fabric because I didn't have enough of any one piece to make this project.  But then I indulged in some retail therapy, as well as chatting with the ladies in the shop - all wearing our masks of course. 


The pieces for this 36" Lori Holt pattern had all been cut except for the background.  Then I came home with more red choices to audition, but I decided to keep the red that I started with.  This was my Saturday morning project - cutting the background and then sewing the whole quilt.

This is Hayride Barn Quilt from Lori Holt's book Farm Girl Vintage 2.  It's 36" square, so the pieces in here were no smaller than 4.5".  It was actually fun to sew some big pieces for a change since lately I've been working with little pieces.  Now, I need to decide how to quilt this one.

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi
Beautiful, love all the different colors you
have added. Have a great day!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice colors!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your freshly finished quilt top, Sara!

Linda said...

Your photo caught my eye on Angela's So Scrappy, and I love this big block! Such pretty colors and pattern.

grammajudyb said...

Great job with that block! Lucky you to be able to shop for fabric. Here in my town in Wyoming, LQS is closed as is Joanns and Hobby Lobby!