Pages

Friday, April 3, 2020

Working on a variety of projects

Thursday morning was a delightful mixture of on-going progress on a variety of things. No opportunity to become bored.  And 5 different projects saw progress made.


Light and bright blue is the color for April for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I didn't look too far into the stash but found some small pieces for the corners of this Shoo Fly block.  It's only 6.5" so not a very big piece was needed.  This block is one of Bonnie Hunter's Leader/Ender projects and I have begun a small collection.  It will take ages to have enough for an actual quilt.  But they are good mindless sewing.


Saturday Sampler blocks are one step closer to being finished.  These are applique blocks again and all they need is the blanket stitching.  One is dark green and gold and the other is in purples.




I did find a bright blue fat quarter and cut the pieces for an Ohio Star.  There are now 15 of them, and there is already a light blue one so I'm not sure if I'll make another or not.  


I made some of the teeny tiny 4-patch blocks needed for the border on the Simple Whatnots project.  These are made from 1.5" squares, and I need 44 of these blocks.  Sigh!!!


Last thing I worked on was cutting out 2 blue Bead/Chandelier blocks.  Notice how dreary that white background looks.  That's because it was snowing/raining/hailing today - all at the same time.  We had thunder and lightning, then the hail started bouncing.  And all was happening while we had a mix of rain and snow.  More snow fell about supper time.  I'm hoping that this is winter's last gasp.  


1 comment:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Wow, your machine has been busy! I like all your on-going projects - a nice variety of sizes and colors.