Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

To fix or not to fix?


A few days ago Quilt Digest posted a free pattern for 3 different 5" paper pieced butterfly blocks.  They were so cute that I downloaded the free pattern immediately.

Well . . . this morning I decided I wanted to do some HAPPY sewing, and grabbed that pattern.  I found lots of pretty pinks and purples in the scrap bins and went to work.  Once the actual butterfly section was pieced I picked out the paper foundation pieces and added a couple of borders thinking this would make a cute spring mug rug.  That's when I realized that the extra purple edges on the upper wings were supposed to be white background - not elongated wings.  

Oh well, it may still become a mug rug.  Or . . . I could take it apart and FIX it, right?

I planned to sew most of the day today because I don't have to work.  I'm trying to clear out some "in progress" tasks so I can work on something new.  I also got 25 of the 44 little 4-patch blocks made.  Sigh . . . only 19 more to go.   And I sewed the binding onto a small UFO project so it's ready for hand stitching.  And then I kitted up 3 Quilt of Valor blocks to sew later.  

I was on a roll, until a delivery guy called to say he couldn't find our "business".  His problem was he was looking for a business place and not a house - which is where my husband's business runs.  So I went upstairs to wait for the delivery.  And here's where it gets weird.  My husband ordered 2 identical office floor mats from Staples on Monday.  A semi truck delivered ONE of the mats and UPS showed up a half hour later to deliver the other one.  How inefficient is that?  And they came from the SAME place according to the shipping labels.  

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Take it apart--you must be kidding me hahaha;)))..I wouldn't...it looks like shadows underneath the wings...and matches those bottom ones, too.
I think it looks just lovely..
~ ~ ~ ~waving from still cold CT Julierose stay safe now...

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The butterfly looks great - I didn’t see anything wrong with it and had to look again. It’s a beautiful block, so my vote is leave it.

Jenny said...

I would leave as it is too, unless it really bugs you of course. We all need pretty butterflies to lift our spirits these days.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fix it if it bugs you:) I rather like it!