Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

More patriotic star blocks

Some random Thursday sewing produced a few blocks, some with a purpose and some with a promise of future projects.


I made 3 more 12" patriotic star blocks for future Quilts of Valor.  From the corner trimmings of each one I made a 4.5" pinwheel block.


These will go into the stack of QOV blocks I've been collecting from the ladies in our group.  And the pinwheels went into a small ziplock bag on my bulletin board with the others I've made along the way.  They will probably end up being another pillow eventually. 


There was also a large pile of corner trimmings from the Barn Quilt project finished over the weekend, just laying on my sewing table begging for some attention.  These were much too large of pieces to just throw away, so I've begun sewing them into HSTs as leaders/enders.  Then I can square them up to 3.5". 


What will they become you ask?  I have no idea, but they will be fun to play with.  There are 8 more green ones and either 12 or 16 more red ones to sew.  I think there are also 4 red and blue ones on the bottom of the pile.  Maybe a chevron table runner or a pillow top . . . 



4 comments:

Nann said...

Keep that Parts Department well-stocked -- you never know how the Muse will inspire you!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Pretty star blocks: I especially like the blue gingham. I’m backing to making masks to replenish the supply for church members to pick up.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh the blue gingham one is cute-where did you get the fabric do you know?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty blocks!