Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Jumped on the mask band wagon

Last weekend I made 5 masks for the adults in my girls' homes, including Laura's mother-in-law who is living with them temporarily.  Then I made a couple more for Dave and I.  These are just the simple pleated surgical type mask with ties that we can wear to go to the grocery store or post office.


Then Laura had a coworker who needed some for her family, so today I made 6 more.  Three are adult sized and 3 are child sized.  I used batik for 2 more masculine adult sized masks. And the rest were made with what I had already laying on the cutting board.   These are going in the mail tomorrow.  


I sure hope the child sized masks work out OK.  I cut them smaller - using 5x7 rectangles.  I like the sail boat fabric, and am hoping it isn't too juvenile for whatever ages her smaller children might be. 

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

i too was on the bandwagon briefly...they look good!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I’ve been making masks, too. Originally, I made 8 for friends, then another batch of 8 for family and friends. Yesterday and today, I jumped in with both feet to make some for my church family. Counting the latest batch, I’ve made nearly 50 masks since Friday. I’m ready to work on something different.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I donated elastic to my neighbor, :) That is as far on the bandwagon as I got!