Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Saturday Sewing


Two project boxes are now empty and ready to refill with something new to work on.  The hot pink binding strips were the last thing to come out of one box. I sewed that binding onto the Saturday Sampler quilt and am almost done hand stitching one side down.  I believe this is the last unfinished Saturday Sampler project from previous years that I had laying around. Yay!!


Diamond Tile is a Bonnie Hunter block from Quiltmaker magazine.  She publishes a block pattern in each issue in her Addicted to Scraps column.  This is the newest version of the block that I made, using a some scraps left from the binding on the quilt.  Amazing how the light makes it look orange in the photo above and dark red in the photo below.  In reality that pink is a bright fushia.  


 I have 12 of these Diamond Tile blocks made.  They square up at 7.5", so it will take quite a few to make a quilt.  But there are a few different possibilities for setting these - sashing, no sashing, on point.  I'll just keep making these as part of my RSC blocks in all the colors of the rainbow because they are quick and fun.  


2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Your blocks look wonderful together. It will be fun to play with different settings.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Bright and colorful !