Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Small projects

I took Monday off this week.  Some of it was spent sewing, some doing laundry, and some working on a puzzle.  My brain feels more rested today and I'll be working at both of my jobs.   Invoices will be processed this morning and online classes will be caught up this afternoon.


The bindings are done on both of these little table toppers.  The zigzag one is what I make from the leftover corners cut off the Barn Quilt project.  It's only 12 x 24" and I quilted some simple lines in the white zigzag sections.  The back is a scrap of a solid butter yellow found in the stash.  The other one is slightly larger and the final leftovers from the Eleanor Burns Day and Night blocks.  


The ziplock baggy holding the kit I made for this Sew Together bag was sitting on top of a basket of stuff on my sewing room bookcase.  So it seemed like the next best thing to work on.  Plus it's on my PhD and UFO lists, so it's a win-win if I finish it.  


The hard part of this bag pattern is putting those side panels on. That can't happen until the pockets and lining are all done and fitted to the quilted outside of the bag.  That involves 3 zippers.  I was determined to reach this stage before stepping away from my machine, and I accomplished that.  The bindings on both side panels are ready to hand stitch, which I like to do before I sew on the top zipper and handle sections. 


And last but not least, I did get the 2 long pieced sides of the spiral quilt sewn on.  The final thing will be adding the last 2 white strips and then this one will be ready for quilting.  Since I didn't remember this one even existed, it isn't on my UFO list.  But that's OK because I'll just count it as one of the "Pick a PIG" projects on the list once it's done. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Congratulations on finishing all these small projects! I adore the two table toppers/runners.

Ramona said...

It feels so good to finish up these little projects. Congrats! on finishing some really cute little quilts.