Pages

Friday, May 24, 2024

Friday - Finished or Not

No actual sewing happened on Thursday, but a lot of organizing of fabric occurred - in between work time shredding old paperwork for my husband's business. 


I did find time to lay out the Riley Blake Design challenge blocks I made for this year's sew-along.  There were 16 blocks released, but I've saved the previous couple of years' worth of block patterns in a binder.  So I went back through and chose 4 more blocks to add in with the 16.  I like a rectangular quilt much better than a square one.  No decision is made yet on sashing or no sashing.  For now the blocks are hanging in the closet while I work on more UFOs.


So, this is a NEARLY finished project but I did finish a couple of things this week, such as the Sea Otter wall hanging and a second Feeling Crabby mini quilt.

I'm linking up with Finished Or Not Friday . . .

8 comments:

Kate said...

It will be a very colorful finish. Have a great holiday weekend.

Nann said...

The sampler blocks look great! And I still love that otter. They are so cunning!

Chrisknits said...

Great blocks! And that otter is just adorable. The crab looks a little "crabby"! LOL

Vicki in MN said...

Sometimes all it takes to finish a project is get it out and look at it so your mind can be thinking about how to finish it while you work on other things! Have a great weekend.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your RB blocks look fabulous. So nice that you had a binder of patterns to choose from for additional blocks. The little minis are as cute as a button- so great for summer. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Riley Blake blocks are all interesting and different from more traditional samplers - I liked zooming in and looking at them up close! It will be fun to see what you decide about sashing.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

All those sampler blocks look fab, Sara!!! I'm with you on rectangular quilts! And your two small finishes are adorable!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The blocks are so pretty together, what a pretty quilt that will be!