Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Saturday Sampler & more

Month 2 for Saturday Sampler will be 12 of these black and white blocks.  I had to buy a new iron before sewing these since my iron had died on Sunday.  The new one is a Hamilton Beach, and it's a heavy one.  I think I'm going to like it.  I don't put water in my irons, but I do like a good heavy one for my sewing projects.  
 


All of the pieces have been cut for the 12 blocks, and I've begun sewing.  The 4-patch units are done with strip sets, which are all sewn.  The HST are nearly all sewn.  I have 3 blocks totally done so far.  The remaining 9 blocks shouldn't take long to sew now that the parts are prepped.


When I got tired of looking at black and white yesterday, I quilted up the foundation pieces for the next vinyl bag.  The parts have been ready to go for a couple of weeks, so hopefully I manage to finish this one finally.  


The quilting is also finished on the tulip door hanger, and I've attached the binding.  I kept the quilting quite simple, with several vertical lines of serpentine stitching.  Since this is only 20 x 36, maybe I'll get the hand stitching done this evening on the binding and hanging loops.


The second Feeling Crabby mini quilt has been one of those small projects that has been shuffled from the end of the ironing board, to the cutting table, back to the ironing board, to the floor, etc. for over a month now.  So - it's now sandwiched with it's backing and ready to do some simple quilting while I'm on a roll with quilting small things.  

5 comments:

Kate said...

You have some very fun projects in the works this week. Happy stitching.

Vicki in MN said...

It's good you could get a new iron quickly, can't be stopping the sewing progress! I love how fast we can sew something up once it's all cut.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like the black and white combo!
hope your new iron is a gem!!
and feeling crabby... When I woke up yesterday I told my husband.. its not you - I am crabby... so I get him haha!!

Nann said...

At our guild Raffle Mania earlier this month there were two 'vintage' (50's?) electric irons, both with tags saying they worked. Boy, were they heavy! I use Black & Decker. When I 'start' a new one I put the date on it--the one I have now is early 2023. I expect it to burn out soon.

Chrisknits said...

Looks like you have a variety to keep you motivated!