Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2024

RSC24 week #19

 Oh my goodness, this year is just flying by!  Today is the big day for our granddaughter's school musical, and I'll finally see that crazy dog costume I made for her in action.  We'll miss 2 graduations and graduation parties this evening too, because we'll be at the musical.  It's that busy time of year.


On the sewing front this week, a bit more pink came out.  Two of the Dutchman's Puzzle blocks were first.  I'm using batiks for the colors, and scrappy white for the backgrounds of these, with some shade of aqua/teal in every block.  These are 12" blocks (finished), so I think 20 of them will make a good quilt, especially if I do sashing between them. So far I have 11 blocks.  


I chose this kit for the May PIG - because of the pink.  It's a Riley Blake door hanger kit recently purchased.  Now it's a finished top (and finished binding) ready to quilt.  I have another door hanger kit waiting, with a patriotic theme.  I might try to get that one made in May too.  I bought background fabric this week for another quilt kit that has a lot of pink.  Maybe a flip of a coin will determine which one to start next. 


Entwined Stars is a block that I began making for RSC, but then kind of forgot about.  There were only 4 of these hanging in the closet from 2023.  So now there are 5.  It looks like I used a floral in most of them so far.  Hmmm.  Maybe I had a plan.  The parts for this one came totally out of the scrap bins. 


A second strawberry block has also been made.  My plan for these is to turn them into a bed runner, so I'm thinking 5 or 6  blocks will be just right.  They are so cute, and look terrific out by my front porch planter.  Full disclosure - that planter is all silk flowers and greenery.  I haven't planted any real flowers yet because we were getting such cold nights.  

Today is also Saturday Sampler (10 am) and Sew Vintage (1 pm) day, which tends to be my favorite Saturday of the month.  We'll leave for the musical after I get home from Sew Vintage. 

I'm linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge . . .
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/ 

12 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The musical is going to be so enjoyable! Have a good day!

Astrid said...

Love your blocks! All so pretty. Can't wait to see the door hanger done. Enjoy the musical.

Nann said...

The show will be great fun. Your Dutchman's puzzle blocks look great with the consistent color placement but a variety of prints. Sunshine today!

Vicki in MN said...

I take it your hubby returned from his golf trip. Exciting you are finally going to see the costume in action;) Dutchman's Puzzle is going to be a stunner, you will have to grab a photo of all the blocks together so far.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Have fun at the musical! Your projects are looking great! I love that Entwined Star and those strawberry blocks, too. We've bought lots of plants, but no planting here yet, either. It keeps going down into the 30s at night!

scraphappy said...

Enjoy the school play, it is so nice that you are able to support your granddaughter. So many pretty pinks this month! Looks like you made some great progress on your projects.

cityquilter grace said...

ooh all the pinks are gorgeous and i do love those strawberry blocks!

Mari said...

I love all your blocks, especially the Entwined Star. Enjoy the play!

LA Paylor said...

it's all fresh! and beautifully done Sara... your work is so precise

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have fun at the musical, I bet it will be great! Happy Mother's Day to you Sara!

Kate said...

Very pretty projects. Those strawberry blocks are really fun too. Happy stitching this week.

Susie H said...

Busy, busy! I hope the dog sings & dances especially well since there was a lot of love sewn into that costume. Why do all the fun stuff happen on top of each other??? Sorry you missed the graduations. Your pink Entwined Star is beautiful!