Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2024

RSC24 - Week #21

 The plan for today involves some fun grandkid time instead of any sewing time.  I'm hoping for some golf time with my husband over the weekend, if he will make room for me in his busy golf schedule.  If not, then I guess I'll have more sewing time.  LOL

Six new Shooting Star blocks happened this week - all from scraps.  There were already 4 pink ones, plus 2 other colors that had been made in 2023.  It will be a fun block set to work on for RSC going forward.  They finish at only 8". 


Two more Chaser blocks were made from the bin full of 2.5" squares.  One block is more coral than pink.  I had already raided this little bin to find pinks and reds to use in those big strawberry blocks, so the pickings were a little bit slim.  


These 2 new Kitty blocks came from the scraps I've been attempting to tame.  The one on the right side has pink, so it counts, right?


This 15" woven heart block was something I made at the February retreat, with the intention of making a few more of them for a possible baby quilt.  The pink fabrics were fat quarters I bought at Walmart because I love the colors in that tropical print.  For now I've decided the block, pattern, and extra fabric will stay gathered together and put away until I decide for sure what I want to make with these.  Voila! Another UFO has been born. 

Since we're about to transition to a new color I decided it was time to clean up my pink stash drawer.   It's been sitting on the floor because obviously it wasn't going to close.  


Now that I've pulled out the small scraps, and also quite a stack of peachy/coral fabrics that drawer closes quite easily.  A little bit more pink sewing might happen next week, but I promise not to make any more messes in that drawer.  The peach fabrics on the right went into the drawer that color shares with orange.  It also helped to refold some things neatly.  There was a small stack of small scraps that have been cut into squares and bricks.  

The drawer holding green stash was also overflowing.  I sorted it by lighter/darker greens and put the darker greens into a clear plastic file container.  And I did the same thing with the purple this week.  The file containers were emptied during my decluttering, so now they are useful for holding fabric.  And my stash drawers ALL close now.  That's a win!!

Let's see what else is going on with the Rainbow today . . .

9 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Cute blocks. It's surprising how fabric can fit back into a drawer if it's folded neatly. Hapy stitching!

Kate said...

You've gotten a lot of scrappy stitching done this week. That woven heart block is really fun. Enjoy the time with your family this weekend. Wishing you beautiful weather for a game of golf or two.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice to share golf with your husband, currently mine and I have no shared sport and I would like to have that

Nann said...

I have become fond of coral: not quite pink, not quite orange. All your scrappy projects are delightful. Enjoy that golf date today!

Vicki in MN said...

It's always fun to see what prints you put into your blocks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice to have all your stash folded and the containers close!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've got some fun blocks there, Sara! I love the star blocks - I had to zoom in to see how they were made. And the Woven Heart is lovely, too! I think it's okay to put it away for awhile - it's like a little quilty savings account! Hope you have a chance for some golf - we both enjoy that here, too.

Astrid said...

All your blocks are so pretty and fun. Enjoy time with your family and happy Memorial Day weekend!

Susie H said...

Great job on clearing the clutter and closing drawers!!! Love the shooting star blocks. They will make a fabulous quilt one day.