Pages

Friday, May 31, 2024

June goals

 I'm so ready for summer.  There are quite a few items in the hands of quilters right now, so hopefully there will be some binding later in the month.


Tuesday afternoon I dropped off 5 small projects with a long arm quilter.  The patriotic door hanger and 4 table runners/toppers shouldn't take her long and she'll fit them in fairly soon I'm sure.  She's a busy gal.  Two of the table toppers were old UFOs, 1 was a "young" UFO from this winter, and the other 2 items were new projects from kits in my possession.


There are 2 big quilts in the hands of another quilter, so . . . more binding sometime in my future. These 2 quilts are from my UFO and PHD lists and are destined to be donations.  I'm trying hard to finish up things so I can work on more new projects guilt-free.  Not that I should feel guilty about enjoying my hobby, but I don't want fabrics and kits I've purchased to go to waste.  And there is a guild shop hop bus trip coming up in less than a month.  We all know I'll come home with purchases that I don't really need, but just want.


One goal this month is progress on Indigo Way.  These are the completed blocks so far for Indigo Way, but there are lots more "units" in the project box that could become more blocks easily.  I need to give this one some thought.

My blog serves as my journal, and I do find that I'm more likely to complete things when I've written it in a post.  It's my way of keeping myself accountable.  So here goes . . . June goals:

* keep up with Saturday Sampler
* Olivia's 2 music pillowcases
* Bailey's horse quilt (flimsy)
* Indigo Way (any progress would be good)
* hang the Sea Otter wall hanging
*  bind any quilted projects
* lots of BLUE blocks for Rainbow Scrap Challenge
* work on new project - Shibori Blues
* keep cleaning/organizing sewing room
* keep decluttering everywhere in the house

and . . .

* have some FUN both in and out of my sewing room

4 comments:

Kate said...

You do have lots of finishes comeing up soon. Good luck with your June goals. Happy stitching this weekend.

Nann said...

Busy days ahead! I've seen several alternate settings of Indigo Way blocks on Quiltville's Open Studio. Mine are all in a box....

Chrisknits said...

I agree, my blog is my measure of how I am doing in my quest to quilt all the things!! LOL. Love the entwined star block. Good luck with your June goals.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Indigo Way is a very interesting pattern!