Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

More decluttering

 On Sunday I asked my husband to reach 2 bins in the basement storage that were on the top shelf I couldn't reach.  Then, while he was golfing I was purging.


That bin with the small quilts was shoved into a corner of the top shelf, and I had no idea what was in it.  More quilt stuff - 5 binders full of patterns and pages saved from magazines. And 3 little quilts.


This was a calendar holder that hung in our kitchen in the previous house, with 12 mini quilts that I changed out each month. The calendar tucked into a pocket on the bottom.  I have often wondered where this was.  Well, now the lost is found.  I put the snowman mini with the other 11 and put the Halloween mini into the donation box. The beige holder itself has had the edges cut off, and the quilted fabric is in the stash and the icky 20-year old raffia went into the trash. The wooden dowl went into the donate box.


I emptied out all 5 binders and sorted by trash, giveaway, and keep.  The binders themselves went into my husband's business storage area as they use these binders all the time.  


I kept about 20 of those patterns from the binders, and kept a stack of now empty page protectors for future use.  I have a generous stack of patterns I'll take to guild for the giveaway table on Saturday, and the rest went into the trash.

The other bin held random Christmas decorations.  I kept a few items with sentimental value, and those went right to the closet where my Christmas stuff is kept. The rest went into a box for donation.  


Here are those bins - after the purging.  Two more empty ones are added to the growing stack of empty bins.  My declutter spreadsheet shows that I've purged 398 items in the past 6 weeks. That's a win for me!!  And for my daughters as there is less junk to sort through some day.

4 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Did you not get golf time with your hubby this past weekend?

Kate said...

You've been very effective with your decluttering. I'm doing the same in Grad Girl's bedroom this week. Hopefully I'll finish her room up this week. It does have to feel good to see all those empty bins.

cityquilter grace said...

great job...i have one binder i go thru periodically ... i am a serial purger, living in senior apartment space is limited so sure helps to keep the detritus at a minimum...you are doing great! yes my one child is happy that i am constantly clear stuff out...

Far Side of Fifty said...

Way to go, you have made great progress with your purge!