Pages

Friday, May 3, 2024

Small finishes

Pillowcases have always been one of my Go To projects. I love making them and give a lot as gifts, plus I've donated many dozen over the years.
 


But in 2024 these 2 are the first pillowcases I've made.  There are several more kitted up and ready to sew.  The wine bottle print on the cuffs of these was from the Big Grey Tote, and there is just enough of it left to make one of those vinyl front zippered project bags.  The parts have been cut, along with one other set, and hopefully I'll get the project bags finished this month.


The binding was finished on 6 more mug rugs this week too.  The yellow ones are the same fabric as 2 I made a couple weeks ago.  The Christmas-y one is from a couple of random jelly roll strips as well.  And the square one - using a few of the zillion selvage strips I've been collecting for years.  That one may end up on MY desk.  And I'm pretty sure I'll make more of these because it's kind of fun.

8 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Big or small it still counts as a finish and that is progress!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never made a pillow case :) never even tried to for some reason I don't know why but all my projects are for quilting and I feel I would be wasting my fabric if I made a pillow case out of it.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Sara, I love your BOxed Squares and have taken a photo for future reference...a great scrap quilt and love how the black is a great change from white.
You have some great smaller projects here too. Happy Stitching.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice pillowcases!

Chrisknits said...

I've got 3 to cut out and sew, we collect them for a local facility. Such fun to coordinate the fabrics, it's like eating potato chips! LOL.

Astrid said...

Congrats on the small finishes! Small or big, it is a finish! Now I'm tempted to make a selvage mug rug. I have collected selvages for some years too and they are just there, taking up space. Fun pillow cases and great way to use up fabric that may never make it into any quilt.

Kate said...

You definitely used up a few odds and ends with your pillow cases and your mug rugs.

Nann said...

"Zillion selvedges" -- yes. I've made one selvedge project but I can't NOT save them. Especially the newer ones with cute sayings and illustrations.