Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

To Do Tuesday

I can report some progress on the May goals.  


I'm determined to finish the top for one more UFO, and I've chosen the Rainbow Connection project.  The blocks are made with a rectangle of scrappy string sections with triangles added to the sides.  This is what my blocks look like before squaring up.  The string section is 7.75" by 17".  The triangles were cut from 7.5" squares, then cut diagonally.  The block is then squared up to be 11.5".  I think I need to start another set of these string sections for another future quilt.  


The final 4 blocks I need for the top are finished, so maybe by the end of the week there will be a completed quilt top.

Now - Do you know what this is?


If you guessed it's an empty Big Grey Tote, you would be correct.  It's now empty and in storage with another one just like it. The other one held strings of outdoor Christmas lights, which have been trashed after testing and finding they no long lit when plugged in. And nested together they don't take up near as much space as they did when full of STUFF. 


I can't claim that ALL of the things in the tote are gone, but the loose scraps are now living in a much smaller container.  And the level has already gone down since taking this photo Monday morning.  A gallon ziplock bag with yardage and misc leftover strip sets is set aside to be donated. 

I've also folded up some yardage and put it in the appropriate drawer.  So it's really just scraps, ready to be cut into my favorite size squares and rectangles.  This smaller container is also going to sit in the middle of my sewing room until it's totally empty.  Keeping it in my way seems to be keeping me task for dealing with the contents.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Speaking of empty containers - I also went through one more container of books.  And that container is empty too, with the books set aside to donate. 

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Empty totes are such lovely to see! Rainbow connection is a wonderful pattern and makes such a nice quilt. Happy stitching!

Nann said...

HOORAY! and goodbye to the Big Grey Tote -- may it stay empty for a long, long time.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You did it! Good for you!

cityquilter grace said...

excellent progress...i will now confess to tossing a bag of scraps that we waiting to be cut into usable unit...the shoeboxes holding those units are already full...so what was i going to do with MORE??? nothing, they are gone and with it the stress of them staring me in the face...no guilt whatsoever.

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats on getting to the bottom of that big grey tote!! I love the string blocks you have been making.

Kate said...

Yeah for the empty tote! It's hard to take out the sewing time to do the decluttering, but it does help when the sewing room doesn't feel so cluttered.