Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

To Do Tuesday

There has been a bit of progress on the graduation quilt.  The ribbon blocks for the sides are over half done - 12 of the 20 are sewn.  


A particular UFO is back on my radar now that the color chosen for June for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is blue.  Indigo Way was the most recent Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  I put this one away back in February, as I just wasn't sure where it was going.


I have several blocks made, and the units sewn for several more.  Now it's time to actually make a decision on how I want this one to finish.  A big quilt, a wall hanging, or maybe a medium size quilt to donate to Quilts of Valor.  


One other project that is in the plan - pillowcases.  When I took Olivia shopping over the weekend, one stop was at Hobby Lobby.  She loves Hobby Lobby, which she called Jolly Holly when she was little. She saw this music fabric and we planned a set of pillowcases for her.  Blue was the color she requested for the cuffs.  I have plenty of blue to choose from, so the pillowcases are kitted up and ready to sew.  She probably won't receive them until Christmas however, but I plan to get them sewn now while I have them ready.

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

oh those will be darn cute pillowcases...and love the ribbon border too

Vicki in MN said...

Isn't it fun to see the ribbon border taking shape!

Nann said...

If you sew them now just put them in a place where you can find them come Christmas time!

Kate said...

You've got a reasonable to do list for this week. I've only got 4 setting triangles left to make for Indigo Way, but there are so many component parts to a block that it's taking forever. Happy stitching this week, you do have some fun projects on your list.

Astrid said...

The ribbon border on the graduation quilt is beautiful. Great progress and pretty colors. I'm sure you'll make a decision on the mystery quilt. I've made one of Bonnie's mystery quilt and decided not to do the last set of blocks, hence smaller quilt. Cute fabric for the pillow cases.