Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

To Do Tuesday

Monday morning I devoted to the decluttering effort, and my reward was a little bit of cutting and sewing time in the afternoon.  Since beginning this process I've been listing everything on a spreadsheet and I have to say it is immensely satisfying to see that list grow and grow each week as I've worked on this. 


 There is a finish to report.  It's a small one - only 13" square.  This is the paper-pieced mini made from a Shabby Fabrics kit.  I quilted hearts in each strawberry.  This will decorate my family room fireplace hearth for June.  

In keeping with my efforts to finish things that have been started and abandoned, I decided over the weekend to look through the block sets hanging in the sewing room closet.  The block sets are clipped onto skirt hangers.  And look what I discovered . . . Shooting Star blocks and most of them are pink!


This block pattern was in a Sew Sampler box (Fat Quarter Shop), along with the fabric for a quilt using this star block plus an alternate block.  I used it all plus yardage for background and borders to make a quilt.


The original blocks were sewn in 2022, and I finished the quilt in time for a graduation gift in 2023.  I had forgotten that I also made some additional blocks for RSC - in whatever month that pink had been selected.  There were 4 pink blocks, 1 purple one, and a multi-colored print one hanging in the closet with the pattern and some pieces cut for a couple more blocks.  

I really love star blocks, and these 8" finished blocks are kind of unique.  So it's time to add them to my RSC block sets for 2024 now that I've finished a couple of quilts using other sets of RSC blocks.  Since there are already pink ones, I'll go back to previous months' colors for new ones and make sure I'm using scraps.  I'm not sure if I'll make those alternate blocks, but they might happen at some point.

To Do list for this week:

 * quilt and bind Feeling Crabby mini quilt
* add extra quilting & hanging rod to Tulip door banner
* make RSC blocks
* patriotic wall hanging
* make final block for Riley Blake challenge and plan the layout

* PRIORITY continue scrap management & decluttering!!

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I am in love with your mini strawberry quilt! I prefer to have mine red when I eat them, but having the lighter colored ones in this quilt is just perfect!!

Nann said...

A serendipitous discovery that wasn't in the Big Grey Tote!

Ramona said...

Your strawberry mini is so cute! I just love the green tops and the pretty berries. Great finish!

Kate said...

The strawberries look so cute! Congrats on that finish. You've done so well this year on the decluttering front. Finishing up or finding a home for some of those older projects.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute Strawberries!