Pages

Friday, January 24, 2020

EPP Hearts

Some days I hate social media and other days I really love it.  This week I'm loving it because of all of the wonderful creative Valentine ideas for quilting that I've been finding.  I saw these English paper pieced hearts on Facebook the other day and hopefully my friend won't mind that I've hijacked her photo.  It was posted by my friend Moneik in a small closed Facebook group that I follow.  Aren't these little hearts adorable?  

Picture borrowed from my friend Moneik's Facebook page.
I decided I wanted to try some of these out, and got online last night looking for the paper templates.  Then I realized that I already HAVE the paper templates for the heart shaped hexies.  The template papers that I had downloaded from http://www.texasfreckles.com/p/downloads-patterns.html long ago for hexies had the perfect extra shape.  These are 1" (sides) templates.


Look at the colored in section - that is the shape used in the hearts and there it was in front of me all the time.  Card stock paper is always in my paper stash because it's so handy to use for lots of things.  I've printed 3 sheets of these and can get 20 of these half heart sections per sheet.  


So now I'm excited to play with them - another perfect hand stitching project while watching TV.  Is this another example of my brain being distracted by something new? Of course - and that is half the fun of my quilting obsession.  




6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I think you're going to have fun with this project!

Ramona said...

So cute!

Astrid said...

These are really cute!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun! I like to learn new things so that is why I have so many projects!

Kate said...

What a fun new project! Happy stitching.

LA Paylor said...

woohoo! You know I'm looking forward to this project... hexies, valentine, hand piecing! It's going to be terrific