Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Keeping up with Saturday Sampler

While looking for one of my UFO projects in my sewing room, I saw the plastic project box containing the current Saturday Sampler - and realized I hadn't made the December blocks yet.  Not a problem now because I got focused and finished them quickly.


Every other month we have the option to purchase a 24" block to add to our regular 12" blocks.  I've chosen to make these.  December's block is pink and a dark raspberry.  Very pretty with a churn dash framing the center block.  


This is the "regular" block for December.  It definitely went together quickly once the little HST were made.  I'm not sure which I like better, the green or the purple.  Both are pretty and mixed in with all of the other blocks we've made so far they look great.  I'm choosing to do a scrappy batik background in these blocks, so the backgrounds vary a lot from block to block.