Pages

Monday, January 27, 2020

Design Wall Monday - January 27


Finally, all 9 of the paper pieced pineapple blocks is finished and the paper has been removed.  These are just so cute in the bright colors.  The next step is adding some sashing and borders and the deciding how I want to quilt it.  


Sunday sewing started with that last pineapple block, but then I made some blocks for Quilts of Valor.  One more Bento Box block to add to the stack from our group, and two more Patriotic Stars.


I haven't counted but I'm pretty sure we have enough for a quilt top of these star blocks.  It's time to get another sewing day organized to put it together.  We also have a couple of QOV to bind. 

 I spent part of the afternoon working on the binding for a Quilt of Valor that I'm going to be giving to someone in my own family.  I picked it up from the quilter on Saturday and am so excited to finish it up and show it off.  



What's on YOUR design wall this morning?
I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday for more:  https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Ramona said...

Your pineapple blocks are adorable in the bright colors! Really like your QOV blocks, too.

Tired Teacher said...

Love the bright colors in the pineapple blocks. I know they are tedious to make but look so lovely when finished.

Vicki in MN said...

Your pineapple blocks remind me of mine I started a couple years ago with my 30's reproduction fabrics. You made great progress this week.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow those Pineapple Blocks are so cheerful!