Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Small projects galore

None of these small projects are actually 100% finished, but they are all a bit closer to that finish line than before.  A completed top always feels like a win.  And I completed 3 small tops this morning.


The paper pieced pineapple wall hanging is now a completed top.  It's about 24" square so it will make a nice wall hanging or even a table topper.  I have no idea yet how I want this quilted, but it's ready for that step. Yay!!


This little Kim Diehl quilt is a bonus project from the Frugal Farm Wife pattern.  It was supposed to be pieced from leftovers of the main pattern, but I skipped over that main pattern and just made this one.  I really didn't care for the design of Frugal Farm Wife, so I gave myself permission to NOT make it.  This bonus project was mostly from scraps but I did have to cut a few new (small) pieces.  This is about 16" square and is going to be a pillow top.  


Corner triangle trimmings have been collecting for months as I worked on Quilts of Valor projects.  Well, now some of those trimmings became pinwheels and the pinwheels have become another pillow top.  I think this one will just get some simple quilting.  It's also about 16" square. 


And finally - this is what I found in the project box with my collection of Valentine fabrics.  This was pieced a year ago - maybe two - from charm squares.  The fabrics are all pretty, but the design leaves something to be desired.  A bit plain, but I think this could become a pillow too.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Bravo for finishing so many small projects. They look great. You could add some pretty buttons or lace to the Valentine fabric pillow top to add some interest.

Ramona said...

You've been busy at your house! All of your finishes are so pretty.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh that second piece is stunning! Love the fabric choices! Yes maybe buttons on the Valentines project!