Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Snowed in sewing


 I have a serious case of cabin fever going on. It was a bitter cold windy day here on Saturday, but the sun was shining finally.  And even here in town there was still a LOT of snow moving.  Our street wasn't plowed out until afternoon.  But with a NEGATIVE 20 degree wind chill, it did seem like a smart thing to stay home yesterday and sew - which is what I did.

First off, two more green RSC20 blocks were added to the collection.  So now I have 2 each of the Twinkle Star and Gingham blocks.   At least 2 or 3 of each color should make a reasonable size quilt.  I'm loosely thinking 20 total blocks of each of these will be my goal. 


I also finished the top for Batik Stars.  It turned out fine, but the colors here just don't appeal to me.  However, it's a nice size - about 50" x 60" so it will make a good donation quilt.  And it feels really good to have this one finally put together after sitting around as just blocks since 2007.  And I have an empty project box waiting to be filled with something new and interesting. 


Last but not least is the French General wall hanging.  I added the quilting in the colored squares and was very pleased with the results - until I laid it out to photograph.  That's when I saw the 2 whole sections that I missed quilting.  So that will be one of my projects today.  

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely green blocks going on there;)))
and batik stars is very pretty...we have an icey coating on about 1" of slippery snow underneath--I am staying in, too..am trying to figure out what block(S) I want to do for next month's RSC color..after this month's crazee sewing...hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher said...

On a snowy and bitter cold day, quilting provides cheerful color! Love the bright green blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great job on working through some of your light/bright GREEN scraps!! Your Batik Star quilt top came together beautifully. Happy quilting!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love the bright green squares. The batik squares all together are different...but someone will love them. It is good to have long time projects finished!