Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Farm Girl Vintage 2

This is the Sewing Baskets block from Lori Holt's book Farm Girl Vintage 2.  It was our challenge for the Sew Vintage group this month.  Such a cute and very traditional block. 


I think I'm going to mix some of these blocks in with the 12" blocks I have from the first Farm Girl Vintage book.  For those blocks I made both sizes (6" and 12") and my quilt with all of the 6" blocks is already made.  But I still have all of those bigger blocks and just couldn't decide what to do with them.  Now I think if I add some of these new blocks I'll have enough for 2 big quilts.  

This block was my therapy today and it didn't turn out as well as I want.  It's OK and will be fine once it's in a quilt, but just doesn't quite pass quality control for me.  But - I needed a break from drama, drama, drama - and only had an hour to play hooky from work.  This is the slightly crooked result. 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Hmm, I don't see anything wrong with the blocks, and the look great in repo 30s fabrics!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Most quilters are perfectionists. In woodcarving terms my cousin would say The dumb won't notice and the smart won't say anything:)

LA Paylor said...

I just love this book of blocks!
I went to an antique market yesterday, saw many antique quilts, all just lovely and perfectly imperfect