Pages

Friday, January 10, 2020

Twinkle in green


One more green block - a 9" Twinkle Star block.  This is one I pulled out of my pattern collection. It was a block from the RSC16 Sampler and I really love a good star block so I kept it in my "make again" binder.  Do you have some of those favorites curated somewhere? 

The block uses the Tri-Recs rulers to make that large point with the side "wings".  Then you add the smaller squares to the bottom corners to put the twinkle in the star.  Can't you picture a whole quilt made of these stars?  I'll need more than one in each color so I can just keep digging into those scraps.  But for now it's maybe time to leave behind the green fun and work on those UFOs again. 

I've included a link to the block pattern below. 

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Someone else used this block for their RSC quilt last year and it is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

Julierose said...

Oh this is a lovely block--very pretty--I think in a rainbow setting it will be just beautiful hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher said...

It's a beautiful star block. I have a whole shelf of patterns that I love and a file of favorites on my computer, too.

Linda in Calif. said...

I love this star block. So pretty. Thanks for the link I'm going to check it out.

scraphappy said...

Love how it turned out. This block works great as a whole quilt. Thanks so much for linking back to the pattern.