Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Blocks, blocks, blocks

 The final block for Summer Soiree (Pat Sloan design) was released yesterday, and I managed to get the red/white/blue version made.  I'll make the batik/floral version another day.  She ended the block series with a beautiful star block and I love star blocks "the mostest". 


I added the 2" frames around all of these blocks, half red and half blue.  Originally I was thinking that I would look for a print that reads lighter than the frames for sashing in between the framed blocks.  And then maybe I'll add an outer border of a blue print.  However - maybe I'll add just a light colored inner border and a darker outer border, without sashing between the blocks.  I kind of like them butted up together like this.  The quilt will be a future Quilt of Valor.   


I was distracted yesterday by the contractor showing up 2 hours early to replace my walk-in door on the garage.  Early is so much better than late, right?  This door was ordered in May and just arrived this week so I'm thrilled they were able to get here at all.  The door is now installed, except for the digital locking mechanism which still hasn't arrived.  


The previous door had no window, and it had gotten to a point where it didn't lock consistently or securely.  The new one has a nice window to let some light into the garage.  This is a BIG improvement for sure.  And while we wait for the digital lock we do have keys for it. 

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice door! That quilt block is really cute!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love your star block! Very sharp looking quilt. Your new door is very sharp too. We have roofers this week. Ugh~ what a racket!

Vicki in MN said...

The new door is beautiful! Love the background of your star block.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Alternating block frames look great without sashing. I like the idea of a light frame and a darker border. It will be a fabulous QOV.

Kate said...

Your plan for the RWB Summer Soiree blocks looks really good. Those frames work well to separate the blocks from each other without adding any sashing.