Pages

Monday, September 20, 2021

Design Wall Monday - Sept. 20

 No sewing happened between Thursday morning and Sunday afternoon.  But I did manage to get last week's Summer Soiree blocks made, so I'm caught up again.  And this week Pat Sloan will post the 12th and final block for the sew-along.


My batik and floral version used a yellow flowery print, with a red batik to pick up the color in the flower petals.  I debated about making one stripe red and one aqua, but decided to stick with just the red in this one. 


And my patriotic version alternated reds and blues. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use her layout design or not.  She has each of these blocks framed, and then sashing and cornerstones added.  I like how it looks, but am just not sure what direction I'll go with them. 


 The rainbow baby quilt is all quilted and bound.  It really did turn out cute, and every single part of it was pulled from leftovers - even the backing and batting. The blocks started out as a challenge to the Sew Vintage group back in July to make something using scraps.  All of the bright Friendship blocks were made with scraps.  The border and the yellow binding was something I found in the stash, and that border was chosen partially because August's RSC color was aqua, and I finished the top in August.  The backing was left over from a graduation quilt back in the spring, and the batting was left over as well.  I even quilted it myself on my regular machine.


What is on your design wall today? 

I'm also linking up with Monday Making:

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Isn't it just great to use leftovers up! But no sewing for several days..what is up with that, haha.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The baby quilt looks great, using scraps and leftovers makes it almost a “free” quilt.

woolyjooly said...

Fabulous colors and layout, Sara!!!