Pages

Friday, September 3, 2021

Summer Soiree block #9

Summer Soiree - the Pat Sloan sew-along - is 3/4 of the way done with introducing blocks.  I've kept up with making the blocks in 2 colorways so far. 

One set is red, white, and blue, and will most likely end up as a Quilt of Valor eventually.  Simple sashing, and a wide outer border is my current plan with these, but of course that can always change.

The other set is all done with bright batiks and summery florals.  Pat Sloan posted a layout plan online too, with each block being framed first and then sashed.  So right now I'm thinking that each "frame" will be batik, maybe using several colors.  And possibly, that sashing could be all yellow.  I have lots and lots of batiks to choose from, but probably not enough of anything to do all the sashing.

So, by the end of September we should have all of the blocks made for these.  I've noticed online that lots of folks have already begun setting these together.  Over achievers, right?  Have they no respect for the lowly UFO?   Well, hopefully neither of these will actually become a UFO. 


4 comments:

Ramona said...

I really like this block and need to put it on my list for a quilt someday. You are getting so many blocks made these days! Retirement is good for you. :)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

LOL - no respect for the lowly UFO - I love that and these blocks, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looking good!

Kate said...

Very fun blocks. Looking forward to seeing both of your versions come together.