Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Summer Soiree in summery colors

Yesterday wasn't much of a sewing day, but it was a fun day.   


One block to show - the final Summer Soiree block in the second set of blocks.  I made this set in bright batiks and summery florals. These blocks will hang in the closet for awhile because I have not decided how I want to put them together.  But there are 12 of them ready to become a new quilt.  

Mostly in the morning I did a bit of organizing again.  During the month I had made 4 new Tulip Time blocks, and I cut the sashing to sew them into a new "quad" section, plus kitted up another 4 of the little blocks.  And I've put away all of the Halloween fabrics that I had scattered around as I made the pillowcases for the grandkids and the Halloween quilt.  

And in the afternoon my husband and I played golf with some friends.  We all played the front 9 holes, but on the back 9 we ladies just rode in our cart and followed them.  It was hot and neither of us gals really wanted to play all 18.  But it was actually fun to just follow them in our golf cart, park in the shade, enjoy the breeze, and sip a cold beverage while watching the guys finish the round.  And there was almost a hole-in-one to witness, as one of the guys had a ball stop just 1 inch from the cup on #17.  That would have been exciting!


The trees are beginning to put on their fall colors.  We were kind of struck by the streak of gold leaves dusting the fairway on this hole.  It was like someone had spilled a big jar of golf glitter in just that spot.  I took this from the ladies tee box on #4. 

And today I get to present a Quilt of Valor to a veteran here in town.  More on that another day. 

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

summery indeed!

Moneik said...

Sounds like a fabulous day. I worked the betting hole at the SDSU golf tourney and it was fun to visit with everyone as they came through.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Awarding a QOV - how exciting! My sewing room is a disaster. Today is the time to tackle it and put things away.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty block! I would have just rode in the cart too! Unseasonably warm here too:)

Kate said...

Sounds like a relaxing outing for a nice afternoon.