Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Orange is in the house

 The orange house block brings the total to 8, and I have a plan for something different for the 9th (final) block in this RSC project.  This block is "Home Is" from Pat Sloan.  My plan is to use one of the designs from the Circle of Nine book for these blocks, but I haven't made a final decision yet on which one to go with.  The center of the circle however will be the "mystery" 9th block. 


I chose all bright saturated colors for these blocks.  If you've followed me very long then you know bright colors are my happy place.  


I took all 8 blocks out to the deck and layed them out in the dappled sunlight.  I really love all these bright colors together.  That final block will NOT be a house, and it will have all 8 of these colors in it.  

I'm linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge today:
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Quite literally orange is in the 🏠!! Bright colors do make us giddy with happiness.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Me too, Sara, I love bright colors AND house blocks! Yours are terrific. Can't wait to see the middle mystery block!

Kate said...

I'm a fan of brights and jewel tones. They make such luminous quilts. Looking forward to seeing what you make for the center block.

Ivani said...

Lovely houses, Sara!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a great house block, and so pretty in every color! I'll look forward to seeing your mystery block!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Wow! The blocks look great together.

Jenny said...

Sounds intriguing, wonder what the mystery centre block will be?

Patti said...

Makes me wish I had joined in!

Ramona said...

I can't wait to see your final block! These houses have happy, fun people living in them!

Cathy said...

Those adorable houses look fantastic together! Can’t wait to see what you do for the center block!!

Mari said...

I love bright colors, too, and your houses look great. Waiting to see your fun 9th block!

grammajudyb said...

Now you’ve got me intrigued! I’ll be checking back!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the happy colors too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE these blocks, Sara!! I was sorely tempted by them when the block was released. Can't wait to see what this "mystery' ninth block will be!

Susie H said...

I've enjoyed watching you sew the house blocks this year. The Circle of Nine patterns are really great and I look forward to seeing the mystery block with the house blocks. Bet it'll be a great finish!