Wednesday morning was wide open for sewing, but I had so many project ideas floating around my head that it was very hard to focus. However . . . I bribed myself.
If and only if, I got both Farmers Wife Sampler blocks for the week made, then I would allow myself to play with something else. This Homemaker block was really tricky, with angled seams. Victory was sweet when it turned out the right size and layed flat. Yay!!
Old Windmill was simple because it was just half square triangles. We've completed 58 of the 11 blocks to date. Seeing that pile of 6.5" blocks growing taller is very satisfying.
Checkered Star is a PIG that I've been working on all summer - very slowly. Two more blocks have joined the set. The parts are cut for more, so I'm hoping to keep doing a couple of them every couple of days until they are all done.
And my reward for progress on some on-going projects was to play with one of the Halloween panels that have been languishing in the drawer. So far a couple of mug rugs are taking shape using sections from the panel plus scraps from the drawer.