Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2021

Playing with orange

With the Rainbow Scrap Challenge moving into orange for the month of September, I found myself drawn to Halloween fabrics and falls fabrics.  


I wasn't playing with scraps for these Halloween fabrics, but instead pulled out some fat quarters and other yardage.  There is a whole drawer full of Halloween prints in my sewing room.  There are some new Halloween pillowcases kitted up for grandkids, and then there are these blocks.  I picked out one of the Pat Sloan blocks that I really liked and decided to play with the block in Halloween fabrics.  This is block #7 from her Summer Soiree series.  I have no idea how many I'll make or how they will eventually be layed out, but these will make a cute quilt.  
https://www.ilovetomakequilts.com/2021/08/block-7-summer-soiree.html


Now . . . the Ohio Star blocks and the Twinkle Star blocks were made with scraps.  These have now been added to the hangers with the other blocks made with previous colors.  More of both are needed to make quilts using them, but there is no rush.  These may just continue on into 2022.


There will NOT be a new orange Country Bunny block made this month.  A few months ago I made a coral bunny block, so I think this satisfies that colorway sufficiently.  But I do plan to make an orange house block - maybe that will happen next week.   


I'm linking up with RSC today . . .

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome ORANGE bits and I'm looking forward to seeing your Halloween quilt come together!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a fun design with your Halloween fabrics! I love the colors you're putting together. Purple is a neat addition to a Halloween quilt!

LA Paylor said...

clapping hands!!! LOVE the first quilt, and want to make one! Then it went on to twinkle, want to make that too now, and bunny... oy vey

Mari said...

Orange Ohio Stars are a winner for sure, and I love the Twinkle block. I'll have to make some of those myself. Great start on the Halloween quilt, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Halloween fabric makes a fun quilt! That is a great pattern!

Jenny said...

Your Halloween blocks look great, but have to admit that we dont really celebrate Halloween here in New Zealand. Love little Coral the bunny, these blocks are going to look so nice together when the quilt is done.

grammajudyb said...

That’s a great pattern for a variety of Halloween prints! And the perfect background for it too! I need to make a note of that block! I have some uncoordinated Halloween FQs ! This would be perfect!

Susie H said...

I love your Halloween project. Awesome! The orange blocks are so pretty especially the Twinkle Star. Did you use a Deb Tucker Studio 180 ruler?

Nann said...

Thanks for the closeup of the Halloween blocks that shows the lively background print. I made Twinkle Stars for the Block Lotto years ago and your block reminds me that I could make a new batch!