Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

September goals

For nearly 4 decades I measured the years by the start of a new school year. But for the first time in 38 years I am NOT prepping for a new school year.  I can honestly say that I'm finally a RETIRED teacher.  Still working a few hours a week at my other job, but not enough to feel like it infringes on my free time.  I guess that is good, right?


Checkered Stars - this was a PIG that I chose to pull out of the drawer a couple of months ago, and actually got a good start.  But unfortunately, over the course of the summer it has now become a UFO.  All of the pieces are cut and lying on my big moveable design board, so it just keeps being moved around to get it out of the way.  This month I definitely want to make some major progress on it instead of allowing it to languish. 


The APQ UFO Challenge number drawn for September was #1, and I have 3 things on my list for this that would be fun to work on.  The Temecula Circa 2016 was a sew-along begun in - 2016!  It's also on my PHD list for The Pin Cushion, so I definitely want to finish it.  I actually have most of the 4.5" blocks finished so it is an achievable goal.  

What else is on my goal list this month?  Way more things than I could possibly accomplish.  I need to be realistic and admit that I may not get as far as working on several things on this list.  But keeping them on the list will mean they stay on my radar.  

  • Monthly sew-along projects
    • choose fabric for NEW Saturday Sampler
    • weekly Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks
    • weekly Summer Soiree blocks
    • Pillow of the Month
    • Simple Whatnots - NEW
  • Squirrels & PIGS & other new things
    • Block drive - patriotic Jelly Belly Bar
    • Halloween blocks (new project)
    • who knows what Squirrels may cross my path this month??
    • Pick a PIG - Queen's Garden runner
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC21) in ?? 
    • House block
    • Bunny block
    • Twinkle Star blocks
    • Tulip Time blocks
    • sandwich & quilt - Scrappy bright Friendship block baby quilt
  • UFO and WIP projects - make some progress
    • APQ UFO Challenge #1 (Temecula Circa 2016)
    • Sew all of the Wisdom blocks into rows
    • make more pillowcases
      • 2 pillowcases for Quilts of Valor
      • 3 Halloween pillowcases for grandkids 
    • more blocks for Checkered Stars 
    • navy blue Sew Together bag
    • Fish School quilt 
    • Quilt the little Lori Holt Bee Patriotic project 
  • Cleaning and Organizing my sewing space
    • clean off my cutting space
    • organize the patriotic fabrics

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Your PIG project is going to be really pretty in the soft colors, calming.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The soft colors of the Checkered Stars blocks are lovely and calming. Great list of goals for the month - let the sewing begin!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have fun sewing!!