Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August in review

July and August were both mostly productive months, with a sewing frenzy happening every week.  It has been enjoyable sewing.  But that frenzy has begun to slow down which doesn't surprise me a whole lot.  And I strayed a lot from my original list of goals for August and worked on some other fun things that came along.  

  • Monthly sew-along projects
    • Saturday Sampler sections - whole quilt top is DONE
    • weekly Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks - So Far - I'm caught up
    • weekly Summer Soiree blocks - So Far - I'm caught up
    • Simple Whatnots - NEW - NOT TOUCHED
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC21) in AQUA
    • Sew set of Wisdom blocks into rows - just a little progress
    • House block - DONE
    • Bunny block - DONE
    • Tulip Time blocks - DONE
    • Bitcoin strips (new scrappy project) - NOT TOUCHED
  • UFO and WIP projects - make some progress
    • make more pillowcases - DONE
      • 4 pillowcases for my cousin
      • 2 Halloween pillowcases for grandkids 
    • bind Hexie Snowman table runner - DONE
    • bind purple zinnia table runner - DONE
    • more blocks for Checkered Stars - NOT TOUCHED
    • navy blue Sew Together bag - just a little progress
  • Cleaning and Organizing my sewing space
    • clean off my cutting space - NOT TOUCHED
    • organize the patriotic fabrics - NOT TOUCHED

Pretty much on a daily basis I'm annoyed by the scraps that have collected on my cutting table space, but still I can't seem to get it cleaned off because I keep PLAYING in those lovely scraps.  So I'm just going to enjoy the process and at some point I'll get that space cleaned up again for awhile.  

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You made some great progress on some beautiful projects!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Saturday Sampler is by far my favorite out of those pictured. You made great progress on numerous projects.