Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Sunday reflections

 Yesterday I saw a new acronym that I just have to share and adopt.  Thank you to MMM Quilts (Musing of a Menopausal Melon) for introducing me to DrEAMI - Drop Everything and Make It.  Check out her post.  https://www.mmmquilts.com/2021/08/dreami-55.html 

Obviously, my DrEAMI object this week was that aqua baby quilt I posted about yesterday.  And the Bats & Boos mystery quilt the week before.  I frequently "drop everything" to explore some new idea. Isn't that the fun part of a craft - plus finally having the time to do it?

Summer Soiree block #8 is made in both colorways - bright and patriotic.  I'm still doing a bit of planning for more block #7 options for a new project, but that may have to be a post for another day. 

I've made several new Tulip Time blocks this month, and had enough for 3 additional "quad" units.  That brings the total of the quads to 30 so far.   Since these are 13" blocks . . . well, I'll just admit that I need a lot more.  The current plan is to sash these blocks, but may or may not use a really narrow sashing like in Bonnie Hunter's original pattern.  But I love the play of color in these, and hope to have a finished quilt on my bed by the time the real tulips are blooming around here. 

And I'm working on my September list of goals.  A subscription to a Pillow of the Month project adds a couple of options to that goal list.  Both the September and October pillow kits came in at the same time, so now I need to choose which one to make next.  I'm kind of leaning toward that Halloween themed one, but I think the apples would be quicker to sew.  Decisions, decisions . . .   

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I have that some days. Dreami!