Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Hexie Snowman

The Hexie Snowman table topper turned out just as cute as I had hoped.  It doesn't really ripple like it looks in the photo.  Guess I should have smoothed it out before taking its picture. 

A thank you to my friend Carol who quilted this with a snowflake design that is wonderful.  There are swirls between the snowflakes, so it made me think of snowflakes blowing around in the wind.  Perfect choice!   

The credit for this design must go to Vicki (http://knitbug2.blogspot.com/), because she posted a wonderful tutorial for this table topper and I just HAD to go ahead and make one.  It was so easy and fast to make!  And I have enough of the fabrics left in the project box to do at least one more.  Plus, I want to make one with possibly an autumn or Halloween theme, but using the hexie shape.  

6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Yay, it's all done and looking pretty spiffy!! Love the snowflakes, both applique and quilting ones;)

Far Side of Fifty said...

cute! Hope your smoke is better ours is not!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh it is so adorable!!! Ready for winter!!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job - snowmen are perfect on a hot August day.

Ramona said...

Super cute! The quilting is perfect.

Kate said...

Any fun and cute finish! You've been moving along with the finishing side of things.